Internships at the European Parliament Office in Washington DC
*** Applications for our May 2019 intake are now OPEN***
Complement your studies with a genuinely international internship! The European Parliament Liaison Office with the US Congress invites recent graduates with right to work in the United States to apply for a full-time, paid internship. What better place to monitor transnational politics in action, to see global players in international affairs addressing global challenges across a range of policy areas, and to witness the interplay between decision-makers in the US and lawmakers from the European Union?
The internship is held for three months in Washington DC, with the option of a two-month extension in Brussels. The office offers three internship intakes each year:
- spring: January 16th – April 15th, with an option to extend in Brussels April 16th – June 15th
- summer: May 1st – July 31st, with an option to extend in Brussels October 1st – November 30th
- fall: September 17th – December 14th, with an option to extend in Brussels January 16th – March 15th
Who is eligible for the EPLO internship?
Please check you meet all the criteria before applying. We welcome applications from:
- US citizens and others with the right to work in the US.
- University graduates. Candidates need to have completed studies at least at undergraduate level, and must be able to provide an undergraduate or postgraduate diploma/official transcript at least one month before the beginning of the internship.
- Candidates available for a full-time internship. We regret it is not possible to accommodate part-time arrangements.
- Candidates who have previously gained two consecutive months or more work experience (including internships) at any European Union institution are not eligible.